saturday monday sale

an eclectic mix of artists gathered in one place for all your gift giving needs

featured artist...mary beth shaw









Common Denominator………..
a series of collage paintings by Mary Beth Shaw

the artist says about her work, "I work with forgotten and discarded family photographs. The faces speak to me and I lose myself in imagined memories. Gathering materials from various sources, favoring antique ephemera and other unusual imagery and text, I collage and paint a layered story merging past and present. I often add a written “caption” for the viewer to contemplate - a phrase from my collection of vintage materials, something remembered from my childhood, or perhaps my own personal commentary. I have found that it doesn’t matter who is pictured; we are all so much the same."

In addition to her original collage paintings, Mary Beth will offer reproductions, greeting cards and other hand painted gift items.

See more of Mary Beth Shaw's work at her website: mbshaw.com